- Over-the-air splicer firmware updates
- Splicer health monitoring and diagnostics
- Splice data management with geotagging
- Cloud AI powered preventative maintenance warnings
- Uses Wi-Fi, not Bluetooth®, for a faster data connection
- Remote control and splicer management via our SpliceManager web portal
What is SumiCloud™?
SumiCloud™ is much more than ‘just another splicer app’.
It’s a powerful set of cloud based software tools that enhance the productivity of your fusion splicer
The SumiCloud™ environment has 3 components
- The SumiCloud™ smart phone app
- The SumiCloud™ SpliceManager web portal
- The SumiCloud™ services running in the cloud
What can I do with the SumiCloud™ app?
The SumiCloud™ app connects your splicer to Sumitomo’s services running in the cloud via your Android of iOS smart phone.
In the app you can…
- Check the health of your splicer
- Use your phone to lock and unlock the splicer
- Update your splicer’s firmware to the latest version
- Create reports including splice data, images and GPS tags
- Geotag and upload stored splice results from the splicer to the cloud
- Capture splicer screenshots to your phone for sending to support services
- View preventative maintenance messages generated with help of our cloud based AI
The SumiCloud™ app is available for both Android and iOS
Splicers using the SumiCloud™ system must be fitted with a Sumitomo WLSD Wi-Fi card to allow high speed communication with your nearby smartphone.
Sumitomo’s T-71C+, T-72C, T-72C+ and T-72M12 fusion splicers all support SumiCloud™ operation.
What can I do with SpliceManager?
SpliceManager is Sumitomo’s browser based web portal for remote management of SumiCloud™ connected splicers
SpliceManager allows remote management of 1 to 100s of splicers with multiple layers of authority: administrator, project manager and operator.
The SpliceManager portal allows remote visualisation of splicer and user data via a customisable web browser dashboard.
Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.